SV: SV: Integrity of academia

Swaminathan Madhuresan smadhuresan at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 29 17:12:41 UTC 2000

Like you, I haven't read prof. Kripal or the respected Swami.

R. Srinivasan's words <<Linga does not mean phallic except in the Tantra
 context. Linga, according to Saiva siddhanta, means symbol, a mark, a sign,
 an emblem. >>

In Bengal and East India, Tantra is a way of life for centuries,
and western books on Tantra usually have pictures from 19th cent.
Bengal art depicting linga as the male member.

Best wishes,
SM

--- Lars Martin Fosse <lmfosse at ONLINE.NO> wrote:
> Arun Gupta [SMTP:suvidya at OPTONLINE.NET] skrev 29. desember 2000 16:21:
> > is Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, whose earthly span was 1836-1886.
Therefore,