Devnag for MacOS

Richard B Mahoney rbm49 at STUDENT.CANTERBURY.AC.NZ
Thu Dec 21 20:20:22 UTC 2000

Dear Readers,

This news from comp.text.tex may be of special interest to some of
you.

The original poster -- Reinhard Zierke <zierke at DANTE.DE> -- has
permitted it to be forwarded to this list.

May I also wish you all a pleasant break.

Many regards,

 Richard Mahoney

***** Forwarded message from Bernard Desgraupes *****

I have uploaded in the incoming directory an archive I'd like to
submit for insertion in the CTAN. It is a port to the Macintosh of the
devnag program a preprocessor which is part of the Devanagari package
(in /tex-archive/language/devanagari/distrib/).  It will allow people
working under MacOS to use the Devanagari package : so far the
preprocessor had not been ported to this platform.  It is entirely GPL
free software.

This port has been tested and showed to the authors and maintainers of
the devanagari package (Velthuis and Pr John Smith). Pr Smith
suggested me to submit it to CTAN.

I guess the best location where to put it should be in

    /tex-archive/language/devanagari/contrib/

I have made the C source files of this port available in the
"MacDevnag_src" subfolder. It is up to you to decide if they should be
put on CTAN to.  Everything can be found on my personal Web page :
http://perso.easynet.fr/~berdesg/macdevnag.html There is also a
subfloder called "For Alpha" containing Tcl resources for people
working with the Alpha Latex Editor : they can drive MacDevnag
directly from within Alpha.

Contents of the archive (MacDevnag.sit.hqx 199k):

[snip]

***** End forwarded message *****

Thanks four your submission.  I installed it on ftp.dante.de in
CTAN:/tex-archive/language/devanagari/contrib/MacDevnag
together with the contents of your mail as README file.
It will soon be copied to the other CTAN nodes and mirrors.

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team

--
end
Richard Mahoney                              Telephone: +64-3-351-5831
NEW ZEALAND                          mailto:rbm49 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz