Dravidian origins

Swaminathan Madhuresan smadhuresan at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 18 14:21:12 UTC 2000

 Many scholars, even linguists, speculating on Drav. origins do
 not know any Dravidian language, this may be minor and inconsequential, may
be.

 Romantics imagined the PIE motherland to be India first, that
 idyll has been thrown out long ago, but the romantic idea about
 Sanskrit persists in the pop culture of Europe, To check with
 the situation on the ground in India Dravidian studies with instituitional
 support will help, but those endowments are very rare.