publication of IASS papers on CDROM

John Brockington SKTJLBS at SRV0.ARTS.ED.AC.UK
Thu Dec 14 17:23:20 UTC 2000

Dear Colleagues,

Simply on a point of information, may I state that, at the 11th World Sanskrit Conference in
Turin in April, Professor Botto simply announced that CESMEO would undertake the publication
of the Proceedings of the conference, without mention of the medium.   The subsequent e-mail
to participants was the first indication to me as much as to others that this was not to be
in _Indologica Taurinensia_ (the official organ of the IASS) but in the form of a CD-ROM;
there has certainly not been any formal consultation by CESMEO with the officials of IASS.
Indeed, I have personally sent an e-mail expressing my disquiet about this development (to
which I have yet to receive a reply) and have not offered my own paper for publication by
this means.

John Brockington
(Secretary General of IASS)

Professor J. L. Brockington