publication of IASS papers on CDROM

Hans Henrich Hock hhhock at UX1.CSO.UIUC.EDU
Tue Dec 12 15:34:23 UTC 2000

Perhaps CD-ROMs are NORMED; but the feeling I get from the colleagues
in Italy is that either the CD-ROM or their software is not normed to
accommodate articles produced on Mac platforms.  As far as I can
tell, Macs are widely used by Indologists of a certain generation,
simply because when they started, the special fonts needed for
Indological work were infinitely more readily available on the
Mac--and who wants to convert large numbers of heavily formatted
documents to work on a platform or with a "norm" that does not
recognize these fonts?  I believe if these concerns were meaningfully
addressed (and perhaps they have been somewhere, and I'm just
uninformed?), my resistance would be reduced considerably.

Cheers,

Hans Henrich Hock