frog and princess?

Wed Aug 9 02:08:52 UTC 2000

Allen Thrasher wrote:

>Therefore I decided to see if there were any sages named "frog" who
>might then be the object of the sculpture discussed in this thread.

I was wondering about this angle too, but couldn't remember
that any significant stories are associated with the names
mANDUkya (AV) or mANDUkeya (RV). Unlike aitareya, for example.

>Mandukaraj or Mandukaraja, "king of the frogs," whose personal name is
>Ayu(s), citing III, ++13167, 13173, 13178.  (The plus signs represent
>Sorensen's obelisks.) S.v. Ayu is cited #461 (Vamadevacarita), III,

Thanks, I'll check the MBh references. Would you know if this
Ayus can be identified with the son of Urvashi and Pururavas?

Vidyasankar