Some nat./chauvinistic web sites

Wed Aug 9 02:30:36 UTC 2000

R. Banerjee wrote:

>Ther has been much ado about the contents of the sword of truth website.
><http://www.swordoftruth.com/swordoftruth/archives/byauthor/navaratnarajaram
>/articles.html>
>I would lke to remind members that I was the first person to draw attantion
>to this site...

BUT, HE DID NOT TELL US WHERE IT COMES FROM. See below!

(this was written this morning. I now see that some info on the sword web
site has been supplied in the meantime. Nevertheless:)

>Maybe the title "sword of truth is too melodramatic" but its cotents are
>nothing more than run of the mill rhetoric which is quite common and natural
>for a populace which needs to vent its feelings in response to terrorist
>attacks, uneducated politicians and whatever else. .... No country in the
>world faces such a
>terrorist threat as india.

WELL,  the "populace" here clearly is located in TEXAS (below!), so which
"uneducated politicians" are they complaining about?

http://www.swordoftruth.com

""               Welcome to Sword of Truth, a weekly online magazine which
deals with
                  presenting news analysis on global issues with an
emphasis on the Indian
                  subcontinent.
                  Our aim is to deliver unbiased, objective analysis of
events that affect your daily
                  lives. ... ""

such as:

""               The Ayodhya Dispute - Fact and fiction in the temple-mosque
                  controversy (Part 3)
                  While the second Ayodhya dispute is entirely a recent
concoction with no historical
                  basis, for the Aligarh school of Muslim scholars it has
been a godsend. These men
                  whose ideas and actions had been responsible for the
holocaust of the Partition were
                  now gifted an opportunity to rehabilitate themselves
under the Marxist shelter. --
                  N. S. Rajaram  ""   (NB. He is ased in Oklahoma!)

and many others  ....

ALL OF THIS, AND MORE, COMES FROM, AS ANYBODY CAN CHECK OUT WITH JUSR A
LITTLE WEB EXPERIENCE:

Registrant:
         Sword Of Truth (SWORDOFTRUTH-DOM)
            5740 W. Little York #216
            Houston, TX 77091

            Domain Name: SWORDOFTRUTH.COM

            Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
               Ghosh, Arvind  (AG2642)  aghosh at SWORDOFTRUTH.COM
               Sword Of Truth
               P.O. Box 631048
               Houston, TX 77263
               (713)778-0960

(2)  Now that we are at it,  the "Hindu Vivek Kendra" site, out of Bombay I
thought, but surprise, surprise:

http://hvk.org/hvk/

""The ideology of Hindutva is becoming popular because there is a growing
realization that everything else that has been tried to inculcate a
national spirit, has failed to yield the desired results. ...
      ... an essentially negative picture of Hindutva. It is therefore
necessary to give the theoretical basis of the Hindutva movement due
publicity.
      In one of his recent books, a Eurpean scholar, Dr. Koenraad Elst
says, "... As long as there is no intellectual mobilization, Hindu society
is badly on the defensive.... The intellectual dimension for the success of
a cultural and political movement is highly indispensable."
      The "Hindu Vivek Kendra" has been established as a resource center,
with this objective in mind. We hope it will become one of Hindutva's
"nerve centers" both in India and abroad.   ""

      Registrant:
        Hindu Vivek Kendra (HVK-DOM)
           43 Valley Rd.
           Needham, MA 02192
           US

           Domain Name: HVK.ORG

           Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
              Shah, Ajay  (AS1512)  WWWCorp at AOL.COM
              WWWCorp, Inc.
              P.O. Box 722098
              San Diego, CA 92172
              858-484-4564 (FAX) 858-484-4564

(3) And the Hindutva site:

http://www.hindutva.org/

"Welcome to Hindutva Home Page on the web! We have provided a few links to
material related to Hindu religion, persecution of Hindus in their
homeland, publications related to Hinduism and Judaism as well as Islam and
Christianity. Additional links will soon be offered soon."

        Registrant:
        Hindu TVA (HINDUTVA-DOM)
           5927 Southridge Ct.
           San Jose, CA 95138
           US

           Domain Name: HINDUTVA.ORG

           Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
              Tendulkar, Prakash  (PT1000)  webmaster at HINDUTVA.ORG
              Hindu TVA
              5927 Southridge Ct.
              San Jose, CA 95138
              408-972-1686

In sum, from expatriate Bengali, Marathi, etc.

CONCLUSIONS??

- Happy surfing!!
MW

Michael Witzel
Department of Sanskrit & Indian Studies, Harvard University
2 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge MA 02138, USA

ph. 1- 617-496 2990 (also messages)
home page:  http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/mwpage.htm

Elect. Journ. of Vedic Studies:  http://www1.shore.net/~india/ejvs