New Indology List

Bijoy Misra bmisra at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Apr 27 21:26:52 UTC 2000

Dominic,

No, I am not worried, because I am just
a supporter of Indology.  I have not
read enough to be passionate to one
theory or the other.  Occasionally
I get a humor out of the arbitrary
speculative nature of some of the
arguments.  We indeed have a long way
to go.

I have a suggestion for cancellations.
Why not post a suspension notice and let
five people react to you supporting the
move and then you execute.  Since
sarcasm is the way of language in this
list mostly, it's not clear how people
get incited.  So having a peer counsel
might help.

While I admire your efforts of running
a list, I think you must think more
objectively than take a singular decision.
John Harvard's children do not always
go to Harvard!

Let me thank you for your consideration.

Bijoy Misra