Bhatt/Info on Hemachandra/Tamil-Prakrit

Jonathan Silk jonathan.silk at YALE.EDU
Wed Apr 12 15:56:02 UTC 2000

>Although I am not Prof. Witzel :-) I can suggest John Brough: The
>Gaandhaarii Dharmapada. London, Oxford University Press, 1962. There is a
>good section (over 50 pages) on Gandhari language. In the Bibliography he
>also lists some more books and articles dealing with Gandhari.

Although I am also not [yet? ;-)  ] Prof Witzel, or Prof Rozehnal, I
may suggest one, for great profit and pleasure, take a look at
Richard Salomon, Ancient Buddhist Scrolls from Gandhara (Seattle,
1999), for the most up-to-date materials, with copious references for
other work.

Jonathan Silk

jonathan.silk at yale.edu

Dept. of Religious Studies