Bhatt/Info on Hemachandra/Tamil-Prakrit

Miroslav Rozehnal mirek at MS19.HINET.NET
Tue Apr 11 16:43:46 UTC 2000

At 07:48 PM 2000/4/11 +0300, Yaroslav Vassilkov wrote
>Dear Professor Witzel,
>         could not you recommend any literature on the Gandhari Prakrit
>         (grammar, dictionary - anything). I hope it may help me to read
>         one seal inscription from Central Asia.
>         Thanks in advance.

Although I am not Prof. Witzel :-) I can suggest John Brough: The
Gaandhaarii Dharmapada. London, Oxford University Press, 1962. There is a
good section (over 50 pages) on Gandhari language. In the Bibliography he
also lists some more books and articles dealing with Gandhari.

Hope it helps.

Miroslav Rozehnal