Jnanasambandar: Nanda Chandran's question

Swaminathan Madhuresan smadhuresan at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 11 19:47:00 UTC 2000

    Also, I. V. Peterson, "Srama.nas against the Tamil way: Jains as
    Others in Tamil "Saiva literature, p. 163-186 in
    Open Boundaries, Jain communities and cultures in Indian history,
    ed., J. E. Cort, SUNY, 1998. In this article, the brahmin-vellala
    alliance of the tamil lands, brilliantly formulated by B. Stein is
    used.  Tamil periapura.nam portrays this alliance and for a
    contrast, V. N. Rao, Warriors of "Siva, a translation of the
    veerashaiva work narrating tamil nayanars myths in Telugu.