INDOLOGY Digest - 22 Sep 1999 to 23 Sep 1999 (#1999-185)

Dr.RM.Krishnan poo at GIASMD01.VSNL.NET.IN
Fri Sep 24 15:27:54 UTC 1999

At 9/24/99 10:38:00 AM, you wrote:
>>Date:    Thu, 23 Sep 1999 02:37:00 PDT
>>From:    ". ." <se224141 at HOTMAIL.COM>
>>Subject: What is indology?
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>What is indology?
>>

>Let me change the question. How do you call the study of the civilization
>that flourish between 1000 BC up to 600 AC in the north part of what is now
>India, and the region of Pakistan and Afganistan.
>

>AV

I am new to this list. My full name is Ramasamy Krishnan (RM.K). I have been an observer for the past 3 weeks and
wanted to follow the postings to the extent I can understand,before I start contributing. Now I could not resist.

You call Indology the study of the NORTH part of what is now India, and the region of Pakisthan and Afganisthan. I
am completely surprised. What would you call the study of SOUTH part of India? Dravidology, perhaps!

With regards,
RM.K