Two Buddhist terms

K S Arjunwadkar arjunwadkar at MCMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 22 21:01:55 UTC 1999

To me, 'anupAdadhi' appears to be intended for / equivalent to
'anupAdhi' (lacking limits, free from bonds), to judge from the
accompanying word. I do not know whether the quoted word as it is
is common in PAli/Buddhist Sanskrit or has come through a
scribal error. In Sanskrit, 'anupAdhi' is common. It has, however, to
be distinguished from 'anupadhi' (free from deceit, genuine):
rahasyaM sAdhUnAm anupadhi vizuddhaM vijayate [BhavabhUti].
KSA/ 22-9-99