Proto-Bangani

Koenraad Elst ke.raadsrots at UNICALL.BE
Thu Sep 9 14:44:49 UTC 1999

Prof. Hock,

Thanks for your kind advice.  I will do my best to abide by it.

Now that I have the opportunity to address the great Prof. Hock (words of a
former student of yours, also a list member), one thing I've been wanting to
ask you for a while, concerns what is tentatively called proto-Bangani.
Though the data are controversial as well as very limited in quantity, you
might perhaps have developed an opinion (and if it is in writing, the
reference will do) on whether such a proto-Bangani Kentum language did
indeed exist, and whether it was indeed spoken in India while still a living
language?  In particular, do you think it has any relevance to the Aryan
invasion debate?

Yours sincerely,
Koenraad Elst
http://members.xoom.com/KoenraadElst/