Tamil Heritage (was Aryan invasion debate)

Paul Kekai Manansala kekai at JPS.NET
Thu Sep 9 13:08:13 UTC 1999

"C.R. Selvakumar" wrote:

> nanda chandran wrote:
>
> *If you can point out a *substantial* literary corpus which shows no Arya
> *connections and points to an original individual identity of
> *the Tamizh people, it would be more useful for the discussion.
>
>      What are you trying to say ? Tamils don't have any original
>      identity and no original literature ?

I have to agree. Just because there is "Arya" influence doesn't mean
there is no original literature or identity.

That would be like saying there is no 'original' Indian identity because
modern Indian culture has Muslim and Western influences, or no original
English literature because of Greco-Roman and Judeo-Christian influence.

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala