2 Urdu books offered on exchange

Allen W Thrasher athr at LOC.GOV
Thu Sep 2 16:04:14 UTC 1999

Jim,

I just sent these out on CONSALD and INDOLOGY and apparently didn't
make it as clear as I thought that Islamabad was supplying them to
program participants.  Anyway, it occurred to me that maybe when we
wind up with other extra copies of books from Pakistan I should
automatically set aside a copy for the URLC.  Do they have difficulty
becoming aware of or obtaining Urdu books from Pakistan? Ask Murali
etc.  Please also give my warmest regards to everyone there.

Allen

The Library of Congress has 3 extra copies each of two Urdu
collections of elegies on the martyrdoms of Karbala.  These are very
well got up. Both titles are have already been included in the
Library's cooperative acquisitions program for Pakistan.  They are
available to any library with an exchange relationship with LC.

98-930990
Zahir Dihlavi, 1835-1911
Auraq-i Karbala, ya'ni raqimuddaulah Sayyid Zahiruddin Husain Zahir
Dihlavi ke gher matbu'ah mirasi
ed. Sayyid Iqbal Husain Kazmi
Karaci: Marsiyah Fa'undeshan, 1997
544 p.

98-930991
Khaliq, Mir Mustahsin
Mirasi-i Mir Khaliq, ya'ni Mir Mustahsin Khaliq ke ghe matbu'ah
mirasi
ed. Akbar Haidari Kashmiri
Karaci: Marsiyah Fa'undeshan, 1997
504 p.
[This record is not yet on the public catalog because of problems in
the transition between systems.]

Allen Thrasher

Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D.
Senior Reference Librarian
Southern Asia Section
Asian Division
Library of Congress
LJ-150
101 Independence Ave., S.E.
Washington, DC 20540-4810
U.S.A.
tel. 202-707-3732
fax 202-707-1724
email: athr at loc.gov

The opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of the
Library of Congress.

email: athr at loc.gov