ISKCON

Jadranka Schauer nimfa-promet at ZG.TEL.HR
Wed Nov 3 11:03:15 UTC 1999

It is difficult question even to their own members. There are few types of
followers: the first ones that live in the temple or follow morning-evening programs
with service connected with their temple. The second type is congregation that used
to live in the temples but got married or got a job outside of the temples and they
give a major donations. In India, there is one very nice program by their founder
Srila Prabhupada called "Life membership. Only Calcutta has 26.000 of them. Mumbai
has more. They give donations, help the programs, come to sunday programs, hold
programs at their homes, etc. according to their taste.

One who has been initated by a founder himself, or by his disciles that are voted to
be bona-fide gurus in ISKCON (there are about 80 of them) are called Hare Krishna
devotees. Unfortunately, 90% of founder's disciples are not in ISKCON today.