Pronunciation of word final "a" in sanskrit

Swaminathan Madhuresan smadhuresan at YAHOO.COM
Wed May 26 16:13:25 UTC 1999

I really meant Tamil Nadu and Kerala; You might have noticed
a tendency among Karnataka and A.P. high classes to disassociate themselves
from things Dravidian. All pervading Sanskrit impact in Karnataka
and A.P. may be the reason why word-final "a"s are dealt the same
way as the North.

Regards.