Gentoo Studies

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 4 13:17:06 UTC 1999

>May be Arvind won't buy the opinions of Talageri, Rajaram, Frawley.
>Has he written along with them??

You probably forgot about S. Kak. Important point about most
`Indigenous Aryan'  schoolers is that they do not know a *single*
word in Tamil. For them, the main theorists come from Sanskritized
elites of Andhra and Karnataka. I suspect this has more to
do with the recent history. I have heard slogans calling for  Tamil
Aiyangars in Tirupati, Andhra and Tamils in Bangalore, Karnataka
must be sent 'home'! For some Kannadigas and Telugus, it is
hard to take that their origins have more relations to do with
Dravidian than anything else. Probably, even Rajaram and Talageri
may know little, spoken Tamil. They may not able to explain
one Alvar pAsuram, the fountainhead of ubhaya vedAnta (I bet).

That is why the attack on Linguistics, Indo-European theory and
so forth. Poor Tamil.

Regards,
N. Ganesan

Reminder: For the standard 'consensus' from academia is that
Indus culture is Dravidian (cf. Parpola, Mahadevan).