Book review: Indus Age- the Writing System by Gregory L.Possehl.

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 1 19:34:19 UTC 1999

Dear Vishal Agarwal,

Greetings.

I am overstepping Prof. Y. Vassilkov's nice advice that 'Aryan
invasion' is a 'taboo' in this list; Don't know how long you have been
writing in INDOLOGY. Please search Aryan, Horse, Indus valley in the
archives, you will almost be overwhelmed by the number of posts from
reputed Indologists on this emotional issue.

N. S. Rajaram critiques that Possehl does not mention cyber space
articles by Frawley, Rajaram, school. One time, the list founder
Dr. Wujastyk forwarded a message from Rajaram. May be he can
become a member of Indology and his discuss his important findings
with the expert Indologists here in cyber space.
Probably then, he can advance the field of
INDOLOGY close to what he claims: analogous to the leap
from Newtonian mechanics to Quantum mechanics era.

Prof. George Thompson, a trained Vedicist knowing Vedic quite well,
wrote here that Rig Veda's date is about 1000 B.C.
The classical phase of Indus culture was around 2500 B.C.,
I am not so sure that Jha or anyone else can read Indus
seals using Vedic glossary. The problem is about ONE
millennium gap in time.

Regards,
N. Ganesan