[Admin] Re: Indian Guru of Nazis

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Mon Mar 29 12:15:01 UTC 1999

Dear Aditya,

I must ask you in the strongest terms not to post long citations from the
press to the INDOLOGY list.  To make matters worse, you posted the recent
citation twice (in error, I hope).

Postings of this length are a burden to members who connect to INDOLOGY
over low-bandwidth links: I think here especially of our friends and
colleagues in India, where it is still common to pay a byte-charge for
email.   The maximum recommended length for a posting to the list is one
screenful of text.

Secondly, you put the INDOLOGY list at risk of prosecution for copyright
infringement.

It is a perfectly easy matter to summarize such an item in a short
paragraph, and give INDOLOGY members a reference if they wish to read
more.  You could even put the piece on your own web server, and simply
give INDOLOGY mebers the URL.

Finally, the subject matter of your posting is not Classical India, so
although it may be interesting to several people, it does not fall within
the scope of the INDOLOGY list.

I'm afraid I shall have to consider cancelling your membership of the list
if this happens again.  The same goes for everyone, of course.

Yours,
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder and list manager,
INDOLOGY list.