["Barry Pittard" <bpittard at beachaccess.com.au>: Naadis]

Martin Gansten mgansten at SBBS.SE
Tue Mar 16 06:58:01 UTC 1999

>Barbara Rossi, _From the Ocean of Painting: India's Popular Paintings, 1589
>to the Present_ (NY: Oxford Univ Press, 1998)
>wherein catalog entry no. 92 is a pulse (nadi) palm leaf mss. Citations in
>corresponding footnotes are to personal communications only [including
>yours truly, as an intermediary only]...so apparently nothing else has been
>published in English on the subject.

To my knowledge, that is correct. I am working on a Ph.D. diss. on the
subject of naa.dii-jyoti.sa (despite the name no connection to pulse
reading, so far as I know), but that won't be out until 3-4 years from now
at the earliest. (And yes: I am in contact with Barry Pittard.) If anyone
knows of any scholarly publication on this subject, in whatever language,
I'd be very interested to hear of it.

Regards,
Martin Gansten