Dravidian: Mother of Indo-European..

Paul Kekai Manansala kekai at JPS.NET
Sun Mar 14 18:39:23 UTC 1999

> Would this be adequate evidence to claim that Dravidian is the mother tongue?
> May be a thousand flowers bloomed at once; many language families are of great
> antiquity.

Something that I think is usually missed in ascribing "origins" to languages.  The form
of any language may have changed drastically in various directions over the course
of thousands or tens of thousand of years (hundreds of thousands?).

All the ideas of conservation of basic vocabulary also are highly speculative and based mostly on observation of
limited scope over a relatively short period of time.

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala