Is "Sanskrit" Dravidian; and open-mindedness

Paul Kekai Manansala kekai at JPS.NET
Mon Jun 28 04:27:02 UTC 1999

Michael Witzel wrote:

> >> Nothing  that is said about IE / non_IE  or Indo_Aryan/ non-IA in South
> >> Asia can be taken seriously.
> >>

> >As I said, a lack of an open mind.
>
> Somebone who denies that
>
> * Skt & IE  as inflected languages (with stem variation, suffixes and
> prefixes and with a  apophony <Ablaut> in roots, stems  and affixes)
> * and Dravidian  (with agglutinative structure)
> are different in their most basic set-up <not to speak of their roots>,
> and who denies this in spite of having been shown that by Indology members
> (such as HH Hock)
>
> has a fixed mind set.

That's only one side of the argument.  A closed mind is indicated by
the following types of statements made by yourself:

> >> Nothing  that is said about IE / non_IE  or Indo_Aryan/ non-IA in South
> >> Asia can be taken seriously.

Translated: 'We refuse to actually listen to anyone that doesn't agree
with our conclusions.'

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala