Manuscripts of various Sulbasutras

Carlos Lopez clopez at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Sun Jun 20 15:51:32 UTC 1999

A critical edition of VAdhla ZS is being prepared by Prof.  Y. Ikari in
kyoto.  He has published two sections of the edition so far.  VZS 1.1-1.4
(agnyAdheya and punarAdheya sections) and 1.5-1.6 (agnihotra and
agnyupasthAna sections).  He has worked with several MSS including that
which was available to Caland (a devanagri MSS from Madrfas) and with other
mss in Malayalam

Kashikar in his Survey of ZS notes that there was another mss of Varaha ZS
at the Oriental Insitute of Baroda which was nto available to the editors of
the ZS, namely caland and raghuvira.  You may want to consult the edition of
caland and raghuvira (Varaha-Srauta-Sutra; being the main ritualistic Sutra
of the
Maitrayani Sakha. Critically edited for the first time [withMantra index].
By W. Caland and Raghu Vira.
[Lahore, India, Mehar Chand Lachhman Das], 1933.) to check on MSS since the
1933 edition is certainly after the 1922 article.

Carlos Lopez
Harvard U
Dept of Sanskrit