Jamshid

Toke Lindegaard Knudsen tlk at MATH.KU.DK
Sun Jun 13 20:11:09 UTC 1999

> Thanks  for  your  input.  "Asura  MAyA"  is  indeed  an  interesting
> rendering  for  "Ahura  Mazda".  But  I  thought  "Zarathusthra"  meant
> "camel-tormenter".  "uShTra"  meaning  "camel"  in  Sanskrit  also.  Any
> clarification  is  appreciated.

I found something on the name Zarathustra.  David Frawley in his
book "Gods, Sages and Kings" writes (on page 223):

"The name of Zoroaster, the founder of the ancient Persian religion,
is traceable to Sanskrit Hari-dyut-astra, the beautiful light of the
star."

Any comments on this?

Sincerely,
Toke Lindegaard Knudsen