Secular South Asia

Aditya, the Hindu Skeptic a018967t at BC.SEFLIN.ORG
Sat Jun 12 14:20:11 UTC 1999

Vidyasankar Sundaresan wrote:

> Aditya, the Hindu Skeptic <a018967t at BC.SEFLIN.ORG> wrote:
>
> >Just today I have seen several messages concerning Auribindo and
> >Dayanand who, as far as I remember existed later than Ottoman empire.
>
> Ah, but both these people had something to say about Indologically
> pertinent topics - the age or meaning of the Veda, the Aryan homeland etc.

Please do not keep changing your argument like a chameleon. The question
was about the recentness only and not about the Vedas etc. Many postings
concerning these individuals that I have seen just did not discuss Veda.
The Khilafat movement was very pertinent to the relationship of muslim
attitudes to the indological studies at the time.

Have a peaceful and joyous day.

Aditya Mishra
Primary homepage: http://www.smart1.net/aditya
ICQ# 1131674 Mediaring Phone # 1-954-746-0442
Fax #:  209-315-8571
Random thought of the day:
        Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.