Historicity of The Flood

Yaroslav V. Vassilkov yavass at YV1041.SPB.EDU
Thu Jun 10 19:34:59 UTC 1999

Ya.Vassilkov:
>>some mythological motifs common for IVC and ancient Middle Eastern
>>art have been discovered and studied already by Parpola,
>>During-Caspers and other scholars).

N.GANESAN:
>Some references, please.

E.C.L. During Caspers. Some motifs as evidence for maritime contact
between Sumer and the Indus Valley. - "Persica", vol. 5, 1971, pp. 107-118,
pl. VIII-XI; A.Parpola. New correspondences between Harappan and Near Eastern
gliptic art. - South Asian Archaeology 1981. Ed. by B.Allchin. Cambridge
Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1984, pp. 176-195; A.Parpola. A Sumerian Motif in Late
Indus Seals? - The Indian Ocean in Antiquity. Ed. by J.Reade. London, 1997,
pp. 227-232.

        I hope that other list-members will be able to add something to this
list.

        All the best,
                                        Yaroslav Vassilkov