Is "Sanskrit" Dravidian ?

George Thompson thompson at JLC.NET
Thu Jun 10 21:16:41 UTC 1999

It is good that you pointed this out. What I said here is wrong. I meant
that one third *of foreign words* in Hindi cannot be attributed to
Dravidian or Munda, but rather to this language x. I did not mean one third
of all Hindi words.

These borrowed terms tend to be agricultural terms, by the way.

Sorry for the slip.

GT