birth of mAl

Chandrasekaran, Periannan Periannan.Chandrasekaran at DELTA-AIR.COM
Thu Jul 22 21:57:57 UTC 1999

One only needs to learn two Indian languages: Tamil and Skt...

> From a recent posting (birth of mAl):
>
> >To quote the fuller context from his commentary:
> >
> >"tiratciyaik koNTa avuNarai venRa
> >pon2n2Arc ceyta mAlaiyin2ai uTaiya
> >mAmaiyai uTaiyOn2 piRanta ONamAkiya nan2n2AL"

"ONam the asuspicious natal asterism of the dark one who vanquished the
numerous asuras and wears a golden garland"

> It's quite possible that the lines contain important
> information. How an
> ignoramus like myself (I don't believe I am going to learn
> Tamil) would know
> it?

Wish you all the prosperity needed to enable you learn Tamil
and discover the secrets of Indology! :-))

> Regards,
>
> Artur Karp
> University of Warsaw
> Poland