Is Sanskrit Dravidian ?

S.Kalyanaraman kalyan99 at NETSCAPE.NET
Mon Jul 5 22:47:49 UTC 1999

I have not followed the thread fully; are the following etyma of the same
inheritance or re-borrowings from some proto-indian substrate?

DEDR 1974: kelngam yoke (Parji); kelman (Gadba)
DEDR 3694: nukam yoke (Tamil.Malaya_l.am); nu.n (Kota); noga (Kannad.a,
Kod.agu.Tulu.Telugu)
On the relationship between Hungarian and Dravidian min: is Rigvedic Vis.n.u
explained in the context of the Dravidian (DEDR 5396) vin. sky, heaven; bin-ye
name of the god of thunder and lightning (Maltese); cf. min shine (DEDR 4876).
Kalyanaraman