studies of sandhyopAsana

Nikhil Rao marpally_n_p at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 1 15:52:34 UTC 1999

The following book, gives a description of sandhyavandanam as followed
by rigvedis, madhyandina shukla yajurvedis and samavedis. However for
e.g, the rigveda sandhyavandanam doesnt match what I follow.

ITEM 17 of 41.
 CALL NUMBER:
                 BL1110 .S3 vol. 20 (ALTERNATE CLASS BL1215.C8)
        AUTHOR:
                 Vasu, Srisa Chandra, 1861-1918?
          TITLE:
                 The daily practice of the Hindus, containing the
morning and midday duties / by Srisa Chandra Vidyarnava.
        EDITION:
                 3d ed., rev. and enl.
     PUBLISHED:
                 Allahabad : Panini Office, 1918 [i.e. 1917]

                 viii, 198 p. ; 25 cm.
       SUBJECT:
                 Hinduism--Rituals.
         SERIES:
                 The Sacred books of the Hindus ; v. 20
           NOTE:
                 On cover: July to September, 1917, no. 97-99. English
and Sanskrit, with one quotation in Persian; foreword and explanatory
matter in
                 English.
 LCCN NUMBER:
                 75-984998 SA r86