The conversion issue

Robert Zydenbos zydenbos at BLR.VSNL.NET.IN
Thu Jan 21 15:45:48 UTC 1999

At 06:45 19.01.99 -0500, Vidhyanath Rao wrote:

>Robert Zydenbos <zydenbos at BLR.VSNL.NET.IN> wrote:
>> I believe that hardly anybody in the predominantly Christian West has
>> raised a hue and cry about thousands and millions of people becoming
>> Buddhists, Baha'is, Hindus, etc. etc. -- and this is how it should be.
>
>May be this is because you are in India and don't listen to the likes
>of Pat Robertson.

PR is an American problem, the kind of person about whom people in Europe laugh. Already in Canada he and his look-alikes are considered reasons for making fun of the US. Please remember that 'the West' is much bigger than the US or Mr Robertson. Furthermore, does Robertson have the kind of support that enables him to burn down mosques, synagogues or temples? I understand that the number of Hindu temples in the US is increasing, not decreasing on account of vandalism. I don't think your comparison is entirely correct.

RZ