Consciousness in visishtadvaita

john grimes grimesj at PILOT.MSU.EDU
Thu Jan 14 08:01:07 UTC 1999

Martin,
   Your suspicion about DBJ and Svarupa jnana reminds me of comments Prof.
R Balasubramanian used to make about it in Madras years ago. If you can get
a copy, see R. Balasubramanian's "Some Problems in the Epistemology and
Metaphysics of Ramanuja" (Prof. L. Venkataratnam Endowment Lectures
1975-76) reprinted in Journal of Madras University volume L, no 2, July
1978.) Without choosing sides, Advaitins see certain logical consequences
of this 2-pronged jnana and Visistadvaitins do not.
John Grimes