SV: SV: Sanskrit translations in Nazi hands

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 11 14:27:06 UTC 1999

 P. K. Manansala wrote:
>So the term Arya applied also to Tamil and other Dravidian languages,
>since these were also considered as descending from Sanskrit?

 As my interest is mainly pre-British period Tamil texts, I see
 none of those Tamil texts claiming that Tamil is derived from
 Sanskrit. In fact, they say that Tamil is distinct from Sanskrit.

 Since "Dravidian" comes from the term "Tamizh", I am
 curious of any old author saying that Tamil comes
 from Sanskrit. Any references?

 Thanks,
 N. Ganesan