Aghehananda Bharathi

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 9 17:35:12 UTC 1999

<<<
   I am afraid the swamiji you had referred to is not the one i had
mentioned. I have read the auto biography <ochre robe>-a copy was
available in IIT Madras library.He was a scholar,well learned in
sanscrit and scriptures beside the fluency in hindi etc.
According to his storey he was ordained by amonk from the lineage of
Sringeri and hence the appendage Bharathi.He was also said to be a
very colourful personality.During his sojourn in Syracuse Univ.
he was said to officiate in hindu functions,weddings etc.He was also
said
to be well versed in Tantric rituals.

  May be I am the source of confusion. I should
  not have written about Kanchi Periyaval.

  Aghehananda Bharati whom you describe was at Kollengode also.

  Regards
  N. Ganesan