The Aryans (again); 19th century discourse.

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Tue Jan 5 13:05:10 UTC 1999

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Kambhampaty, Krishna wrote:

> I wonder if Dr. Fosse, or anyone else well-acquainted with this subject,
> would summarize for new list entrants, like myself, as to how this topic
> achieved closure. In selectively reading the archives it appears to me that
> more facts are needed for closure since both competing theories have
> deficiencies.
>
> Barring any new findings, this topic could be treated as a dormant subject
> but definitely not a closed one. Any thoughts? BTW, I am not a scholar but
> would like to be one.

This is a very good idea, and I am hoping to post a paper by Ed Bryant
on the INDOLOGY web site in the not too distant future which will fulfil
this purpose.

In the meantime, I'm afraid it is a matter of picking through the
archives.  I have not seen anything new on this topic posted to the list
for a long time; just a great deal of emotion.

Dominik