The Aryans (again); 19th century discourse.

Bapa Rao bapa_rao at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 4 22:43:48 UTC 1999

>   dates for Indic texts.
>
>  I feel there is a definite dichotomy here because Indians do
>  science at work, but maintain the status quo of
>  caste patriarchy elsewhere.

I am a scientific worker and an Indian living in America. How do you
know I am maintaining the "status quo of caste patriarchy elsewhere?"
whatever the terms "status quo", "caste patriarchy" and "elsewhere" may
denote?

Is there some universally-understood obligation on the part of all
scientific workers to make radical changes in their lives outside their
jobs, an obligation that Indians alone are betraying due to their
inherently vile nature? If that's not what you meant to say, perhaps you
can explain what you meant above?

It is one thing to discuss the merits of hypotheses about the origins of
Indians, quite another thing to heap random abuse. I read the list for
the former purpose. I can get plenty of political discussions and
partisan polemics elsewhere. If you have an issue with someone about
whatever contradictions you may find in his positions, wouldn't it be
better to take it up with him (or not, as you see fit)? Instead of
indulging in generalizations like this? Maybe you'll be good enough to
consider this option?

Thank you.

Bapa Rao