Concept of Mukti and Shankaracharya

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at HD1.DOT.NET.IN
Mon Jan 4 02:25:18 UTC 1999

At 06:04 PM 1/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
>One more point on the foregoing:  I think that Shamkara is wrong to
>attribute to the Buddha three mutually exclusive philosophical perspectives.
>But he does seem to do so.

He is not wrong because each these three schools claims to
represent the stand of Buddha. Neither it his job to nor he
can, determine which of them represents the true teaching
of Buddha. So he says mischievoiusly I accept the claims
of all of you three and disposes them off by showing their
mutual contradictions. Sankara can be mischievous alright.

regards,

sarma.