the word "potiyil" in classical Tamil (was Re: the word "poti yil" inside MaNimEkalai)

Chandrasekaran, Periannan Periannan.Chandrasekaran at DELTA-AIR.COM
Fri Feb 26 13:33:18 UTC 1999

In paripATal, an anthology of 20+ poems,
one of the poems that opens with extensive
astronomical/astrological description of some events
uses the phrase  "potiyil mun2ivan2" to refer to the the
 asterism "agasthya".

Also I was curious about the place "chitrakUTam" mentioned
in rAmAyaNam as one of the first places where rAman stays.
I understand potiyil siva temple is referred to
as cittiracapai (chitrasabha). Is it also called
chitrakUtam? are there other places in India
that have been called chitrakUtam traditionally.
I remmeber having read in the book "108 vaiNavath thala
varalARu" that chidambaram also is refered to
by a name similar to "chitrakUtam".

chandra