Ref. check- Possible misprint in critical edition Bhag. Gita

Shrisha Rao shrao at IA.NET
Sat Feb 27 02:24:27 UTC 1999

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Madhav Deshpande wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
> To clarify the confusion regarding Belvalkar's editions.  I have in front
> of me an edition of the Bhagavadgita by Belvalkar, published in 1959 (the

Another question: what does Belvalkar give as the correct reading of BG
XIV-3, commonly given as:

   idaM j~nAnamupAshritya mama sAdharmyamAgatAH  |
   sarge.api nopajAyante praLaye na vyathanti cha  |

-- ?

Madhva seems to take the reading as `idaM j~nAnamapAshritya' with the rest
remaining same.  A 13th-cent. manuscript shows this clearly.  Also, does
Belvalkar give XIII-1,

   prakR^itiM purushhaM chaiva xetraM xetraj~nameva cha  |
   etadveditumich{}chhAmi j~nAnaM j~neyaM cha keshava  ||

-- which is not to be found in Shankara's commentary (at least the
published versions)?

Regards,

Shrisha Rao