Ref. check- Possible misprint in critical edition Bhag. Gita

Avinash Sathaye sohum at MS.UKY.EDU
Fri Feb 26 22:09:16 UTC 1999

I checked the original B.O.R.I. critical edition by S.K. Belvalkar himself
(1968 reprint of the original 1946 version).
He himself has:"dRSTvaiva kAlAnalasaMnibhAni".

So, the  "dRSTvaiva kAlAnilasaMnibhAni" must be a misprint introduced by the
Agrawala edition!

Also, the meaning of the verse makes more sense with anala=fire, than
anil=wind as a comparison
for the mouths!

BTW, my copy of the critical edition does not give the variant that you
mentioned:

> For this line Belvalkar only lists the variation: dRSTvaiva  :  dRSTveva

Also, the critical editions (all mahaabhaarata or giitaa) are still
available from B.O.R.I itself!
My giitaa edition was 60Rs. or about $1.5. They also ship, though shipping
could be much more expensive!