Re Potala(ka), etc

Venkatraman Iyer venkatraman_iyer at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 26 22:30:47 UTC 1999

<<<<
I have been looking for potiyil (and also for potiyam and malayam)
in several texts. Some have a real basis like the Akam text
that refers to titiyan2. Some are purely fiction stories
like the manimEkalai passages where we see a viJcaiyan2.
[...]
To sum up, these MaNimEkalai passages cannot be read
as coming from a geography book.

  Nothing unusual! All Indian religious texts are in this
  manner alike. May be many world religions' books too.

  Best,
  V. Iyer

PS: Thanks for your good words on my abilities :-)