What's the sanskrit translation for "entrepreneur" ? (fwd)

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Feb 24 17:01:20 UTC 1999

[Please copy answers, if any, to Ziel directly.  I don't believe he is a
member of this list.]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:46:12 +0100
From: Jerome Ziel <ziel at univ-littoral.fr>
Subject: What's the sanskrit translation for "entrepreneur" ?

Dear Sir

I am currently undertaking a research on the entrepreneur in several
Asian countries, including India.
That is why I would like to have some information about the various
names that have been used in India to designate the "entrepreneur". Is
it possible to go far backwards in time (back to the Middle Ages or even
back to Antiquity).

Thank you very much. Yours very faithfully,

Jerome Ziel
--
Jerome Ziel

Laboratoire Redeploiement Industriel et Innovation (Universite du
Littoral-Cote d'Opale)
Maison de la Recherche en Sciences de l'Homme
21 quai de la Citadelle
59140 Dunkerque (France)

T $BqM (J : +33 3 28 23 71 47 ; Fax : +33 3 28 23 71 10
email : ziel at univ-littoral.fr