Paishaacika Sanskrit?

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 19 13:10:00 UTC 1999

From: Martin Gansten
>The text in question is a naa.diigrantha called Dhruvanaa.dii. It is
>definitely in Sanskrit (of sorts), not Prakrit, and of South Indian
>origin. I haven't the text with me at the moment, but I am working
>on another text very similar in style: Gurunaa.dii.

  Mr. Gantsen,

  You may be interested to know a Britisher's experience
  with nADii astrology. It is a magazine piece.
  The author is a descendent of Robert Clive who established
  Br. rule first in Madras and then in Bengal.

  Peter Holt, Reading the leaves, p. 329-331,
  in  Travelers' tales - India, O'Reilly press, 1995

  Peter goes to Vaidheesvaran Koyil, ThanjAvUr district, TN.
  nADii is unique to TamilnAdu.

  Regards
  N. Ganesan