Kashmir, Tamilnadu, Panini, Abhinavagupta, etc.

Petr Mares erpet at COMP.CZ
Thu Feb 18 09:27:35 UTC 1999

> I am using the Avalokitezvara and his abode, Mt. Potalaka data
> from Jan Fontein, The pilgrimage of Sudhana, A study of
> GaNDavyUha illustrations in China, Japan and Java,
> Mouton & Co., 1967
>
> Fontein has done substantial work on Gv. text and its Chinese
> translations.
>
> For example, he discusses Gv translations into
> Chinese by:
> 1) LokakSema or LokarakSa (168-188 AD)
> 2) Sheng-chien (around 373-395 AD)
> 3) Buddhabhadra (418-421 AD)
> 4) DivAkara (680 AD)
> 5) zikSAnanda (699 AD)
>
> Pl. refer his book for GaNDavyUha sUtra.

Dear Naga Ganesan

I feel I am probably not clear in what I want to say. I  do not talk
about the date when the GV was translated (at least not only) but
about the age of actual PHYSICAL MANUSCRIPTS of these
translations that your references stems from. I am sorry but I do
not know how else to say it.

Sincerely

Petr Mares
Petr Mares