[Announcement] More online materials from Prof. Tokunaga

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Mon Feb 8 09:56:31 UTC 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 23:57:07 +0900
From: Muneo TOKUNAGA <mtokunag at ip.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
Subject: Meter-analysis text of the MBhS

Dear Dr. Wujastyk,

Will you please put this message on Indology.
Thank you in advance.

Muneo Tokunaga

(text)

Dear Indologists,

In order to promote metrical study of the MahAbhArata, I make public
the Metrically Processed Text of the MahAbhArata in my possession. The
text is produced from my Machine-readable Text of the MahAbhArata
(based on Poona Critical Edition) with the aid of the meter-analysis
program (met2.com) programmed by Mr. Toru Tomabechi. I believe that
publication of these data will be useful for Indologists of the world,
especially for those interested in the epic meter. I hope various
people work on it in their own way and that we thus exchange our views
with each other on it. The tar.gz file is available from my anonymous
ftp site in my server at the Graduate School of Letters, Kyoto
University (ftp://tiger.bun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/mtokunag/).

PS: Also, you will find, in the site, the Machine-readable Text of
the KauSitaki BrAhmaNa created from the Srikrishna Sarma Edition, and
the already wide-spread digital files of the two epics (Poona Critical
Edition, Baroda Edition). You are free to download them.

                                   Muneo TOKUNAGA
                           Professor of Indian Philosophy
                    Graduate School of Letters, Kyoto University
                      Kyoto, Japan (606-01) Tel: 075-753-2778
                      email: muneo_tokunaga at bun.kyoto-u.ac.jp