LANKAVATARA Sutra - its current research and oldest Manuscripts

Jae-sung Kim (Jung Won) lh57061 at HONGO.ECC.U-TOKYO.AC.JP
Thu Feb 4 16:55:28 UTC 1999

Dear Petr Mares ;

If you can read Japanese, Prof. Takasaki's work will be useful for you.

Japanese translation of Chinese Version of Lankavatara Sutra.

Ryogakyo, translated by Takasaki Jikido,
Tokyo,Daizo Shuppan, 1980.1,  436p ; 20cm.
ISBN: 4804354131

According to A Descriptive dictionary of Mahaayana Sutras(Tokyo, Hokusindo, 1997, p.318), this is not a full translation.

On  Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:13:53 +0100 $B!$ (BPetr Mares <erpet at COMP.CZ> wrote ;

> I would also like to ask if anybody knows about any current
> research or translating of this sutra especially in the Chinese
> version.

KIM Jae-sung (Jung Won)
Department of Indian Philosophy and Buddhist Studies
University of Tokyo
e-mail : jungwon at l.u-tokyo.ac.jp