Munda kinship pattern

Richa Pauranik Clements rpclemen at INDIANA.EDU
Sun Dec 5 22:54:24 UTC 1999

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Paul Kekai Manansala wrote:

> I should note that in the area of southern Nepal where the Buddha lived
> cross cousin marriages are still the rule among many groups, some of
> them whom though are fairly recent immigrants from the north.

I would be interested in knowing what groups have cross cousin marriages
as a rule.  Are these particluar castes?

> Among most  of the indigenous Himalayan speakers, cross cousin marriages
> are routinely practiced.

Who are "indigenous Himalayan speakers"?  Is this a reference to tribal
communities?

Richa Pauranik
Indiana University