P. Chowdhury

Jogesh Panda pandanet at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Mon Aug 30 12:35:04 UTC 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Venkatraman Iyer <venkatraman_iyer at HOTMAIL.COM>
To: <INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK>
Sent: Monday, August 30, 1999 4:22 AM
Subject: P. Chowdhury

> Dear Scholars,
>
> Would like to know the details on
> a book by Chowdhury so that I can place an order.
> The book title is something like
> "The Indian origin of the Chinese Nation".
>
> Is he also part of the school that propagates its ideology that
> IE originated in India and spread westward also?
>
> Regards,
> V. Iyer

Dear Mr. Iyer:

Details on the Chowdhury book:

       Caudhuri, Paramesa:
       Indian origin of the Chinese nation : a challenging,
         unconventional theory of the origin of the Chinese ....
        Calcutta : Dasgupta & Co., 1990

  I have not read the book, so cannot say any more. I saw the book in the
Anthropology stacks. Hint: Anthropolgy of Scholarly Ideas ?

Good luck.

Jogesh Panda